Thursday, November 16, 2006

Waiting to hear the news.......

Waiting is so very hard. A little girl (she was 3 I think at the time) I used to babysit said once, "Why does patience take so long?" I always thought she was such a profound little thinker!

We are waiting for word if Joel has got the job of his dreams. He had a conducting audition last week and an interview this week for the position of Music Director for Cosmopolitan Music Society in Edmonton. This would be a part time position and we have no idea what it would pay but this could potentially mean he could stay home with the boys and not to mention fulfill his dream of being a professional conductor. Make music for a living!

The rat race we have been running is starting to take its toll. 2 kids and 2 working parents is hard...very hard. I am the bread winner but I'm also the Mom. Darn women's lib movement......newsflash it is impossible to "have it all". My kids are happy and I am fortunate to have a fantastic caregiver and I am working my tail off now so hopefully next year I can work a few days a week from home and there when Carter is home from school and actually put a decent meal on the table. I really believe my kids will need me even more once they are in the school routine.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Wow what an exciting opportunity for Joel!!! My neighbour was a conductor when I lived in England.....he never mentioned it and then I saw his picture in the paper.

Good luck with all you are hoping for!!