Monday, May 7, 2007

My Broken Hearted Little Boy

It is so hard when your kids are sad. Carter came home from school last week with this old beat up white car. Bigger than a Hotwheels car and it had doors that opened. I asked him where he got and he made up a story that his teacher gave it to him. I figured it was a fib because I really didn't think his teacher would give him an old toy so I questioned his story. Many stories later it turned out he found it on the playground so we told him he would have to take it back to school and ask his teacher if it belonged to someone else. By the end of the day it hadn't been claimed (neither the teacher nor I figured it would be) so he was allowed to take it home. That was Friday and he has carried the car around all weekend, doesn't let Luca touch it and he decided to take it school again today as it's his take for show and share. Big mistake.....someone on the bus claimed it was his. So, my wonderful little boy hands it over. He completely broke down crying telling me he found the owner and he loved the car so much and we would never find one like it because it was from Niagara Falls. Niagara Falls????? I don't know where he comes up with this stuff! He cried for half and hour straight and was inconsolable.

We had a wonderful Spring weekend. Time with friends on Saturday and Sunday we went for a long walk. Completely wore out the dog and Joel as he carried Luca in the backpack carrier. Luca is a heavy little man! Our main reason for our walk was to take Carter for a haircut at the Cut-a-Thon for Cancer fundraiser some people I know were organizing. $10 a cut and all the proceeds went to raise funds for the Cancer Society. It was outside in a tent in the Safeway parking lot in Spruce Grove. Carter ended up in the chair when the camara crew from Global News was on site and we all watched the clip on the news that night. You can imagine how cool he thought that was!

Sorry I have been a bit slow keeping up with the blog. Hopefully I can get back on track.

More excitement this week.........Carter starts Baseball this Thursday!! I am really excited. He keeps saying he wants to play soccer again but deep down I really really want him to love playing ball.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Carter would make a great short stop. He is small and quick and I bet he will have a good throwing arm. After all, he comes from a long line of good ball players. Tell him is GrandNana played ball competitively until she was in her late 40s. Gramma