Sunday, January 14, 2007

Where did the weekend go?

Not much going on for us this weekend. Joel and I both woke up Saturday feeling like we had been run over by a truck. So, we took turns resting while the boys watched movies and played. Luca cooperated with our plans by taking a 4 hour nap! He went to bed at his regular time and didn't get up until nearly 7:30am Sunday...he's back in our good books!

Here are a couple of picture I took today of the boys in the sweaters Gran sent for Christmas.


Luca is writing out the grocery list.....wieners, hot dogs, franks....

It was Gran's 94th birthday yesterday. She sounded great on the phone. I'm sure it had been ringing all day with calls from well wishers across the country.


On another exciting note...the 1st coat of paint is on the walls of the house!! We just about fainted when we peeked in today. We ran over to the show home to get the key to look around inside.

We should have our firm possession date very soon!!
Oh and I used my mixer 3 separate times today! I made bread in the morning, meatloaf in the afternoon and waffle batter for supper. Impressed?!?
I made the meatloaf for a cyberspace acquaintance. I belong to a website group called http://www.linkingparents.com/ . It mostly Edmonton and area moms and in this case the family has a 4 year old son experiencing a sleep disorder and between the two parents each are staying up alternate nights to ensure the boy doesn't stop breathing. Both are working parents so I cannot imagine the exhaustion. So, my small donation of meatloaf and homemade bread isn't much but hopefully fills a gap for one or two meals.
Tomorrow night Joel and I get to go out for dinner (yep you guessed right, The Keg) and then to the Jubilee Auditorium to see David Copperfield. What an adult evening......thank you Cindy & Leonard.....not sure what we would do without you!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats a lovely color! Reminds me of McK's bedroom in the last house, very soothing. Luca's a fan of the mystery dogs too huh?

Anonymous said...

hope you had fun at dc!