Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fired Up!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2009/06/17/education-iris-evans-alberta-minister.html?ref=rss

Hey Iris Evans....bite me!

I may be in the minority but I feel the "early years" are more about keeping kids safe, providing a stable home life. My boys are thriving....despite having 2 working parents and I would dare say because they have 2 working parents!

I have worked my ass off to get to a point in my career where I will be there when my boys get off the school bus in Grade 3 and on cause that is when I think all the hard work of teaching them to be good people and good citizens can fall off the rails.

Economic realities aside imagine what she must think about women who make a conscious choice to work outside the home......The never ending debate about stay at home vs. working moms is so incredible tiresome. No matter what women are left to doubt their decisions and ultimately themselves. It is hard enough parent without this bullshit.

Yep...I am writing my very 1st letter to an MLA. I bet my Mom and Dad are proud!

1 comment:

cmacc said...

Welcome back! Sometimes it just can't all be said in a facebook status update!!