Wednesday, November 28, 2007

WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 28 - DAY 3

Yesterday's Sunrise from our condo.




At the Iao Needle


'Iao Valley is the site of one of the most famous battles that occurred in 1790 and changed Hawaii history forever when King Kamehameha I destroyed the Maui army in an effort to unite the Hawaiian Islands.


It is day 3 and I have to admit I am starting to miss my boys. This definately was not the holiday to bring them along considering all the stuff we've been able to do but I am missing them.

Of course I will try (said with great sarcasm) and enjoy the rest of the trip.

Today was a rainy day. We went out on a bit of a road trip to see the IAO Needle and over to the North Shore to see some big waves.


We had fish and shrimp at a little fish market/restaurant called Eskimo Candy. Leonard and I finally got to satisfy our coconut shrimp craving. We had hoped to get to Bubba Gumps for shrimp but it is in Lahaina and we were there already. From where we are it is quite a drive.
Last night we hit a highly recommended sushi restaurant for Sushi. I am not normally a big sushi eater but this was an eating experience! Mmmmmm....it was all delicious!!
Panko Crusted Ahi Sashimi Sushi Roll
Mango Crab Salad Hand Roll
Matsuhisa Style Miso Butterfish
Lobster and Blue Crab Ravioli
Spicy Crunchy Tuna Roll
Shrimp Dynamite






Late this afternoon the skies seemed to lighten up a bit and we decided to get to the beach. Well, I would say we cheated death a bit venturing into the waves to boogie board in the roughest surf any of us had been in. We were all very smart about it but MAN water is strong! We were all very full of sand....sand was everywhere (from eyelids to ..... you get the idea) but it was so much fun. I can't pick what I like more snorkeling or boogie boarding.


I don't have any pictures from today but here are some beach shots from yesterday.



We are eating in tonight. Joel is grilling some Marlin steaks then it is off to do some shopping!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In case you're thinking these posts are in vain I thought I'd let you know that they are being looked at frequently and with a small amount of jealousy :-).
Hope you guys are having the time of your life!
cheers.
sis

ps - you went to a luau and didn't post a picture of the pork?! Thought that would be a highlight.