Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Back to School Tomorrow

The strike has finally ended and kids are back to school today. Carter's 1st day back will be tomorrow and then he won't be back until after Spring Break. Friday is a PD day for teachers (insert eye roll) and the school board has decided to keep Spring Break as originally planned. I know I would have much stronger feeling about all this if Carter was not just in Kindergarten. We have decided he will do Kindy for another year as well. Only because he is so darn small and he really doesn't enjoy taking the school bus home at the end of the day. I don't want to turn his little life into the daily grind grade 1 will be for him just yet. He loves kindergarten and the last thing I want is for him to dread going to school. I think it is so important for him to get off to a positive start and love school now as it will hopefully shape the next few years.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I think thats a great idea about Kindy for another year....we kept Abigail back in preschool this year and she will start kindy in the Fall instead of last year....

It isn't so much about now with her though...its more to do with the future....DD9 started school young (Jan baby) and by the time they get to grade 2 and 3, it is beginning to show that they are younger than their classmates.....in the way they start talking about boys and fashion and weight etc......and when they get to high school I don't want their friends to be a year or two older than them...

I just see no need to rush children through school....